Pinnacle Academy has a very diverse student population with US based families that come to the DMV area from around the world for work and/or education needs. In addition to this, Pinnacle Academy increases its diversity by accepting qualified foreign nationals through the F-1 Visa program to study at the middle & high school level.
International Students Policy
International students needing F1 visas attending PA must live with a US based parent with documentation of appropriate work/student visa or green card or another close family member (older sibling, grandparent) who can provide legal guardianship papers, Proof of relationship and legal US residence.
High School Students attending PA typically have these characteristics:
· Fluent in written and spoken English
· A cumulative overall GPA of 3.25
· Math and Science average of A- or its equivalent based on PA grading scale
· Nationally normed test ( SAT, MAP) Scores at the 50th percentile or higher in the Math and Reading sections
· TOEFL iBT Score of 80 or above/ DuoLingo English test score of 120 or above/ IELTS score of 6 or above.
- Step 1: Complete Course-by-Course Transcript Evaluation
- Step 2: Complete the Discipline and Attendance Record Form
- Step 3: Submit All Standardized Test Results
- Step 4: Submit English as a Secondary Language Test Results
- Step 5: Take MAP Testing | Waived if Satisfactory SAT Score
- Step 6: Teacher Recommendation Requests
- Step 7: Send all applicable IEP and/or Special Education Documents
- Step 8: Finalize Application, Send Documents & Submit Deposit Fee(s)